Meet Our Team
Diversity, Dedication, Delivery
Team Drea is an informal network of friends and athletes across the U.S. who have come together to challenge themselves, encourage each other, and raise money for ALS research.
Andrea Lytle Peet created Team Drea in 2015 when friends kept remarking that her story had inspired them to take on a big challenge – an Ironman, a half marathon, a triathlon. As she wrote then:
“I LOVE hearing this! There is no feeling in the world like the moment you cross the finish line of a race you weren’t at all sure you could do. But the best part is looking back and realizing it was really the daily grind of training, staying committed, overcoming setbacks, prioritizing your health, breathing hard, pushing through, sweating and just being alive — the journey itself — that was actually the reward all along. That post-race high can just be enough to crack open your self-imposed limitations to see your life differently. It’s emotional and quickly becomes something you want to find over and over again.”
How It Works
- Pick a race that represents a challenge to YOU. This could be anything from a 5k to an Ironman or anything in between – or think up another physical challenge (e.g. hiking 179 miles in a year)
- Commit to raising at least $250 for ALS research
- Other ways to be involved:
- Recruit a friend and help them raise $250
- Volunteer for one of our many events
- Organize a fundraiser – an event or employ your special talent in baking, quilting, knitting, crafting, face-painting or beer-making (yes we have had all of these!)
In return, you will be invited to join the secret Team Drea Facebook group to bond with AWESOME teammates and encourage one another. You will be invited to all our events and team parties (we’re scattered across the country but we get together as much as possible!). You will also receive a small gift before your race. And you will be inspired to live bravely, love joyfully, and appreciate the gift of life.
Email andrea [at] teamdrea [dot] org.